Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Drew's Class Field Trip

Smith Family Farm October 2, 2009
Leo, Drew, Lauren, Shyrea

We also visited the farm animals and the kids are petting the baby chicks here.



We went out to the Pumpkin Patch to find our pumpkins and the kids picked the little one for me. I thought it was cute! Of all pumpkins in the field...that is the one I got!



Mrs. Simmonds told them to pick a pumpkin that they could carry so the MOM Teacher wouldn't be in charge of carrying all the pumpkins....good idea Mrs. Simmonds!


Drew said MOM..I found my pumpkin.... so I took a pic. Soooo cute!

A couple of weeks ago I was able to go on Drew's class field trip to Smith Family Farm. I was the MOM Teacher for the day. There were a total of 5 MOM Teachers and we were in charge of our group of kids. I had to make sure all their stuff was together for the trip, take them all to the bathroom, get them on the bus, and once we got there in charge of all their activities. I was a little nervous being in charge of 4 kids and making sure I had all 4 by the end of the day. Once we got there we had to do all the activities the Farm had to offer. We first played in the playground area. I was losing my kids b/c other schools were there as well. I finally decided after 5 minutes of stressing where all my kids were I decided we were all going to play together. We did all the playground equipment and took turns. Next, we visited the Farm animals. By that time it was our class turn to go on the Hayride and education on the Farm. When we returned, I had lunch with my kids. Mind you, no other adults were with me..just all kids. They were so much fun and soo cute! After lunch I saved the fun stuff! We finally went out to the Pumpkin Patch. The kids had to find a pumpkin their size and they all had fun deciding which pumpkin to pick. I was able to take a pumpkin home as well and they picked the smallest and cutest one for me. Last but not least, we did the corn maze. I thought I knew exactly where I was going and then next thing I knew I didn't. I got a little scared thinking..what if we don't make it out of here. We saved this activity for last, so if all else fails they can't leave without us, right???!!! Well, we did find the end of the maze, whew!!!! I had the best time that day not only being there for Drew, but volunteering in his class and being a part of his school. Even though I am working part time, I am making all my effort to be there for my kids. I am making it work so far...but only time will tell if I will stay home but my kids do come first. Enjoy the pics!

No comments: